Saturday 2 February 2013

Kandy LK

Farming... I learnt a lot, saw a lot, got experiences and different points of views... But you know what?! That is tiring, as well! :-/
6 hours a day, of hard work, carrying trunks, barking and cutting them, digging dirt and making clay mud, carrying it, chicken, cow and goat poos collecting, carrying and spreading, hoeing to make a garden plot :-), collecting paddies in the sun between 10am and 1pm! Crazy work. 
Soooooo, I created some days off :-)

With the people I met, mostly while hitchhiking, I wandered around the farm: Matale, Dambulla, but mostly around Kandy, in the Knuckles mountains. Hills of huge tea estates, tall trees, pines trees too, imported by the British, fresh streams flowing, dams for bathing.
And on the road, an organic sign. Oh! Organic products. Nice! Let's see it. An organic restaurant, nice again! Let's have breakfast there. What is the brand, the company? Biofoods?!!! I heard this name 20 times a week for 3 years. Biofoods is the main organic and fairtrade spices supplier of L'Herbier du Diois. I found them without looking for. Let's buy some stuff then. Tijlbert, I supported you a bit! 
Le thé sur les collines

Sameera, ready to ride
I went to a LK wedding :-)
Nisham and the Knuckles
Biofoods shop!






No comments:

Post a Comment