Thursday 20 June 2013

Ragi Girl in Bangalore IN

Bangalore, finally, here I am. I have tried to avoid this city for 5 months... Fortunately, Martina introduced it to me, showed me the right persons, the shops to buy mango juice and vegan chocolate (she is vegan), taught me tricks, the beggars to give and the ones not to give, the pace of the city, the things you shouldn't do, like running to the 4 cardinal points of the city in the same day. Thank you, Martina, for the 7 hours of rickshaw (= 3 wheeler = tuk tuk)! My legs, my back and my eyes (because of the dust :-/) still remember! 
So, the basic thing to survive is to avoid transportation as much as you can. And then, with fun and interesting people around, you can definitely appreciate Bangalore. Almost everyone speaks English, and in India, Bangalore is the easiest place to hitchhike. Like Grenoble, it is full of ITs and other engineers, I feel at home! Without snow... however. The difference is these engineers practice yoga or meditation, hihihi! The capital of Karnataka seems to count 600 permanent working French people. I've been told they were mostly in cuisine and art. Am I part of both activity? of one? of none? I haven't seen any French fellow... I am not really interested, except for sharing a Rolland Garros match (French Tennis Open)!! 

Before the Ragi Girl, Martina, left to France, we had to make the best use of the time: exchanging contacts, sending the parcels of millet seeds, millet food products, millet flours (the repetition is intentional, you're gonna hear about ragi and other millets from now on! :-), planning my millet activities in Karnataka. I continued following her till the last days: making the last shootings for her documentary, packing the last ideas, the last products, saying good bye to India without any wish to leave... God, that will happen to me too!

Martina shooting Majestic

Majestic bus stand, THE bus stand of Bangalore

Parcels to send to France
Me watching Rolland Garros in a sports shop





1 comment:

  1. Wonderful memories you have gathered here in this awesome post. Very much informational one you shared with all will and going to help others one who are planning something same like this, thanks and keep sharing.

    Buffet Restaurant in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete