Wednesday 24 October 2012

Maharashtra IN


India! Another mystic destination that I am able to experiment. I am a lucky one.
Mumbai is not the Indian capital, but known to be BIG anyway! I don't know... I did not stay there. I escaped. I didn't want something to happen to any of my ankles again ;-)
Pune or Poona, the second largest city in Maharashtra, was on the way south Do you remember, I go to Sri Lanka. Getting closer every day! Aviram allowed me to rest, having quiet time, in quiet places. In his lovely neighbourhood, in the magnificent new mall, or in a concept city. A city in the city. Where everything is clean, peaceful, everyone is well educated, has a good job IT engineer is the best, my dear, is polite and respectful. The city is surrounded by walls, entry is controled, or not. The poor people stay outside, anyway. In this environment, I bought a nice Indian novel, had massages, got a Swirls ice cream, listened to Queen, the Pink Floyd and Michael Jackson, watched Friends. Easy life.
Aviram was the perfect introducer for Indian culture. He drew the link I missed between Iran and India: Pakistan, the country I couldn't go (No Pak visa is given outside your home country. You've done the right thing, Nathalie). He is Punjabi. Punjab was split up while creating Pakistan. I am still trying to figure out whether Muslim people fit well in the Indian society, whether they are welcome. :-/ "But the Chistian people, they build school here, they bring something to the society!". By the way, I have seen my first Montessori school in India. I don't know if there are more here than elsewhere.
Thanks Aviram!
Oh, and of course, I missed THE Osho (the sex guru) center, 20€ to enter and probably again 5€ for a bottle of water. Sorry Amélie, I haven’t done that... Shame on me.



J'essaie de me recoiffer. Merci Jacek d'immortaliser ce dur moment d'intimité !
Tel un dieu grec (!!), Aviram

Cocotiers et cannes à sucre



Dans un hotel, je prends soin de moi




3 comments:

  1. Hello Rozenn, nice to read your blog. We met on the way from Goa to Dharwad, when you hitched a ride in our car. From your blog, I see you are enjoying your India visit and finally you are in Kerala, which is also called God's Own Country. Are you also planning to visit the Vivekananda Rock at Kanyakumari, which is India's southernmost point?

    Happy and Safe Journey. And Keep smiling and carry on with your touch of humor, which we thoroughly enjoyed during our short ride to Dharwad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hi!
      I guess you are from the car where I was packed with 4 ITs, hehe!
      No plan for Vivekananda Rock for now. Maybe on the way back! I am in Bangalore by the way. till 29th afternoon...
      Thank you for encouraging my blog. Will try to keep it like that. :-)

      Delete
  2. Rozenn, Happy New Year and wishing you a great travel experience in Sri Lanka. It's another lovely country for travelers. Sorry, I missed your message earlier, as I was on a vacation in Kolkata for a couple of weeks during Christmas/ New Year. Thanks for your message and keep writing

    ReplyDelete