Monday 29 July 2013

Monsoon IN

Western Ghats, the last episod. The monsoon episod too! Depressing time: rains, rains and raining again... It's been at least one generation that they have not seen such a heavy monsoon. June, July: it just didn't stop raining one day. I don't say it rained all day and night long. However people need sunlight more than 10mn at a time and once a week! People are depressed, the paddy has been washed away, the farmers have to do the work again, in praying it will not happen the same. The trees have diseases, the next harvest will not be fun at all! 
Just a week or two with them made me feel depressed, really down. Being weak, bodily and mindly, does not help indeed. I came to know the Indian soil is so poor that the vegetables, or food in general is not nutritive... I am suffering from malnutrition. I don't know exactly which ones but I have deficiencies, obviously. That happens to some people after a few months in India. Cela fait quelques semaines que j'ai une crevasse au coin droit des lèvres, et je vous passe les autres petits détails croustillants de mon corps qui souffre. Il faut dire que je n'aide pas mon corps à récupérer, la constante nécessité d'adaptation aux différents milieux est exténuante : différentes personnes, différents rythmes, différents climats, différentes nourritures. Un peu de stabilité ne serait pas de refus. Dharward, Bijapur have really spicy food, and dry and warm climate, the Western Ghats is cold, rainy for this season, with average spicy dishes, Bangalore is again different... My only sustained activity is meditation in the morning, as far as I can. 
Despite these difficulties, I had really nice times with Nivedan and his mother in the rainy forest of Shimoga district. Thank you very much for welcoming! And good luck for your ecological car fresheners: Mystic Aromatics, I wish you the best car freshener brand in the next decades! :-)


Sumathi
helping me for my experiments.
Here it is ragi and sorghum laddus!  

Tunga Flood


Tasting my pastas :-)

Nivi, devant un grooos barrage: Gajanur dam, Tunga toujours
Paddy not washed away!

Rozenn, fatiguée

No comments:

Post a Comment